Looking at securing a long-term career in the Building industry? Your Traineeship is the start of a professional career
We have a a exciting position for an enthusiastic person looking to start a Concreting Traineeship.
Wage Award: National wage AwardMode: Full time = 38 hours per week Period of Traineeship: up to 3 Years Training: Certificate III in Concreting CPC30313
By completing your Traineeship, you will be exposed to all aspects of the Concreting trade that will give you a solid foundation in your career. Through on and off site training during your Traineeship, you will learn how to;
- lay and place concrete formwork
- reinforce fixing and concrete work with the associate of a dwelling or association with the erection of a garage, an outbuilding, a swimming pool or another structure constructed or to be constructed
- stamped pattern concrete
- exposed aggregate work or pebblecreting
- repair of concrete work, concrete resurfacing, concrete retailing walls
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge in this trade
- Physical fitness and the ability to undertake manual labour for extended periods
- Be a safe confident worker
- Willingness to travel
- CI Card (White Card) (or be willing to obtain prior to starting)
- Enjoy practical and manual work
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate effectively
- Minimum of year 10 schooling
A successful candidate will ideally:
- Certificate II/ Pre-App in Building & Construction
- Domestic building experience / exposure to a jobsite
- Be reliable, enthusiastic and willing to work as part of a team.
- Have a car and licence is generally required due to changing sites.
Who are HIA Apprentices?
HIA Apprentices are leaders in the selection, management and training of apprentices in the domestic building industry. Established over 30 years ago, we make it easier for young people to get a trade, and help builders and contractors take them on.
Why HIA Apprentices?
- Award wages paid on time – you just need to submit your timesheet
- Full time opportunity - Immediate start
- Access to a Very Low interest loan of $20,000 to buy tools / car etc.
- Personal Protective Equipment – this is your safety boots, safety glasses, ear muffs – the things that keep you protected whilst working
- Mentoring and ongoing support throughout your apprenticeship
- We take care of everything for you, from the start to the completion of your apprenticeship, so you can concentrate on getting the skills for a very rewarding career that counts.
Please note that we have a huge demand for junior apprentices at the moment (under 21 years of age)