Looking at securing a long-term career in the Building industry? Your apprenticeship is the start of a professional career
We have a number of positions for enthusiastic people looking to start or continue their Joinery apprenticeship.
Wage Award: National wage Award
Mode:Full time = 38 hours per week
Period of Apprenticeship: up to 4 Years
Training: Certificate III
By completing your apprenticeship, you will be exposed to all aspects of the Joinery trade that will give you a solid foundation in your career. Through on and off site training during your apprenticeship, you will learn how to;
- Cuts, shapes and fits timber parts in workshops to form structures and fittings, ready for installation
- Study drawings and specifications to determine materials required, dimensions and installation procedures
- Ordering and selecting timbers and materials, and preparing layouts
- Cutting materials, and assembling and nailing cut and shaped parts
- Erecting framework and roof framing, laying sub-flooring and floorboards and verifying trueness of structures
- Nailing fascia panels, sheathing roofs, and fitting exterior wall cladding and door and window frames
- Assembling prepared wood to form structures and fittings ready to install
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge in this trade
- Physical fitness and the ability to undertake manual labour for extended periods
- Be a safe confident worker
- Willingness to travel
- CI Card (White Card) (or be willing to obtain prior to starting)
- Enjoy practical and manual work
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate effectively
- Minimum of year 10 schooling
A successful candidate will ideally:
- Certificate II/ Pre-App in Building & Construction
- Domestic building experience / exposure to a jobsite
- Be reliable, enthusiastic and willing to work as part of a team.
- Have a car and licence is generally required due to changing sites.
Who are HIA Apprentices?
HIA Apprentices are leaders in the selection, management and training of apprentices in the domestic building industry. Established over 30 years ago, we make it easier for young people to get a trade, and help builders and contractors take them on.
Why HIA Apprentices?
- Award wages paid on time – you just need to submit your timesheet
- Full time opportunity - Immediate start
- Access to a Very Low interest loan of $20,000 to buy tools / car etc.
- Personal Protective Equipment – this is your safety boots, safety glasses, ear muffs – the things that keep you protected whilst working
- Mentoring and ongoing support throughout your apprenticeship
- We take care of everything for you, from the start to the completion of your apprenticeship, so you can concentrate on getting the skills for a very rewarding career that counts.
Please note that we have a huge demand for junior apprentices at the moment (under 21 years of age)