Looking at securing a long-term career in the Building industry? Your apprenticeship is the start of a professional career
We have a number of positions for enthusiastic people looking to start or continue their carpentry apprenticeship in the Wagga region. A mix of commercial and residential work will be available.
Wage Award: National wage Award
Mode:Full time = 38 hours per week
Period of Apprenticeship: up to 4 Years
Training: Certificate III
By completing your apprenticeship, you will be exposed to all aspects of the carpentry trade that will give you a solid foundation in your career. Through on and off site training during your apprenticeship, you will learn how to;
- Build and install the wooden and metal structures and fixtures that make up residential buildings.
- Finish and repair wooden structures such as foundations, walls, roofs, windows and doors.
- Plan and construct floors and frameworks, roofs and ceilings, which may be made from either timber or metal,
- Install door handles, locks, flooring underlay, insulating material and other fixtures.
- Carpenters cut and shape the materials they work with, and assemble or nail them into place.
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge in this trade
- Physical fitness and the ability to undertake manual labour for extended periods
- Be a safe confident worker
- Willingness to travel
- CI Card (White Card) (or be willing to obtain prior to starting)
- Enjoy practical and manual work
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate effectively
- Minimum of year 10 schooling
A successful candidate will ideally:
- Certificate II/ Pre-App in Building & Construction
- Domestic building experience / exposure to a jobsite
- Be reliable, enthusiastic and willing to work as part of a team.
- Have a car and licence is generally required due to changing sites.
Who are HIA Apprentices?
HIA Apprentices are leaders in the selection, management and training of apprentices in the domestic building industry. Established over 30 years ago, we make it easier for young people to get a trade, and help builders and contractors take them on.
Why HIA Apprentices?
- Award wages paid on time – you just need to submit your timesheet
- Full time opportunity - Immediate start
- Access to a Very Low interest loan of $20,000 to buy tools / car etc.
- Personal Protective Equipment – this is your safety boots, safety glasses, ear muffs – the things that keep you protected whilst working
- Mentoring and ongoing support throughout your apprenticeship
- We take care of everything for you, from the start to the completion of your apprenticeship, so you can concentrate on getting the skills for a very rewarding career that counts.
Please note that we have a huge demand for junior apprentices at the moment (under 21 years of age)